Many homeowners spend a lot of money on running Air Conditioning in Cincinnati, especially during the hot summer months. Given the sweltering temperature that we now have, it is almost impossible not to have air conditioners. But you can actually do something to reduce energy consumption and thereby save on energy costs.
So, how can you save energy with your air conditioning system? Here are some helpful tips on how you can cut the energy consumption of your AC unit.
1. Slightly increase indoor air temperature. Most of the time, air conditioning units are set at their maximum cooling capacity making the indoor air very chilly. You do not actually need a very cold indoor air. It is best to adjust the thermostat so that the air quality is cold enough to allow you to move. Setting your Air Conditioning unit in Cincinnati at 78 degrees should help you conserve on energy while maintaining a comfortable air quality.
2. Reduce air conditioner use at night. Usually, the outdoor temperature is cooler at night and hence you do not need to use air conditioning throughout the night. If your AC unit has a timer, set it so that it turns off after midnight. You can also turn it off before you go to sleep.
3. Have your AC unit regularly check by a reliable Air Conditioning technician in Cincinnati. Minor troubles with your air conditioner can make it less efficient. It is important to have the filter cleaned regularly, at least every three to four months.
4. If possible, use portable AC units. Determine your cooling needs and if it is possible for you to cool only one or two rooms, it is recommended that you install a portable, window-type AC unit instead of costly central air conditioning system. This will help you save a lot on your energy consumption.
5. Make sure that all ducts are secured. If there are any leaks in the ducts or if the home is not properly insulated, the AC unit will have trouble regulating indoor air temperature causing it to work harder and consume more energy.
6. Organize your living space. Make sure that there are no obstructions such as furniture along the path of the air conditioning unit. Unnecessary objects that block proper air flow cause waste of energy.
7. Distribute cool air by using a fan or two. While these are separate appliances, they can help reduce your energy consumption significantly. Compared with the energy required by your AC, fans use small amount of energy to efficiently distribute cool air. Fans can augment the cooling capacity of your AC unit thereby lightening its workload.
Homeowners can always seek the help of a reliable Air Conditioning service provider in Cincinnati to learn more about energy conservation tips. These experts have been in the business for years, and can definitely give you up-to-date recommendations on how to save on AC energy. They can even help homeowners choose an appropriate air conditioning unit for their home.
Air Conditioning Cincinnati – If you need to install a new Air Conditioning unit in Cincinnati, it is recommended that you seek the help of a reliable Air Conditioning company. Learn how you can save on your air conditioning consumption. For more information, visit Adco Heating & Air Conditioning online.